My Shopping List
Spicy Apple Muffins
Courtesy of B.C. Tree Fruits Limited
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 c. all-purpose flour
+ 2 tsp. baking powder
+ 1/2 tsp. baking soda
+ 2 tsp. cinnamon
+ 1 tsp. allspice
+ 1 tsp. salt
+ 1 egg
+ 1/2 c. canola oil
+ 1/2 c. white sugar
+ 2 apples, coarsely grated (peeled or not)
+ 3/4 c. milk
+ 1/2 c. raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray muffin tins with cooking oil spray.
2. In mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, allspice and salt. Mix to combine well.
3. In separate large mixing bowl, blend egg until frothy. Stir in all remaining ingredients and blend well to combine.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir gently until just combined.
5. Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for 20 min.
Perfect with a cup of tea or as an after-school snack for the kids.
* For more great fruit recipes, visit www.bctree.com.
Calories: 229; Total Fat: 10g; Total Carbs: 34g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 3g;