My Shopping List
Fiesta Burgers Con Queso
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. ground beef
+ 1/4 c. finely chopped onion
+ 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
+ 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
+ 1/2 c. shredded Chihuahua (Mexican) cheese, divided
+ 4 small tortillas, warmed or hamburger buns, split, toasted
+ Toppings: thinly sliced lettuce, chopped tomato, avocado slices, sour cream, salsa, guacamole (optional)
What to do:
1. Combine ground beef, onion, jalapeño, cilantro and 1/4 c. cheese in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-in. thick patties.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet; cook 10-12 min. to medium (160°F) doneness, until not pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning occasionally. About 3 min. before burgers are done, top evenly with remaining 1/4 c. cheese.
3. Place burgers in tortillas or buns; season with salt and black pepper, as desired. Top with desired toppings.
* Cook's Tip: To charcoal grill, place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 11-13 min. to medium (160°F) doneness, until not pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning occasionally.
* Cook's Tip: To gas grill, preheat grill according to manufacturer's directions for medium heat. Grill patties, covered, 7-8 min. to medium (160°F) doneness, until not pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning occasionally.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 324; Total Fat: 18g; Saturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 88mg; Total Carbs: 14g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 25g; Sodium: 170mg;